The Heart of Communication Workshop
Saturday, October 2nd– 10.00-5.00 pm
At The Taoist Center, Marlboro, Vermont
Communication in its essence is a bridge that connects – but does it?
How often do you end up feeling disconnected, within yourself and with others, unsatisfied with the interaction and the outcome – wondering
HOW COULD I HAVE DONE THAT DIFFERENTLY?
THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY!!
Drawing on the world renowned process and practice of Nonviolent Communication, we will learn how to:
· Build relationships based on compassion, respect and understanding, starting with ourselves and working outward
· Tune into the needs behind anyone’s behavior, even in hostile and challenging situations
· Clear your thinking and language of anything that generates conflict
· Overcome past hurts and conditioned beliefs
· Discover the power of empathy
· Avoid ‘power struggles’ while increasing responsibility and choice
· Transform anger and fear, and find your authentic voice
This Workshop is facilitated by Wendy Webber
Wendy brings a background of 30 years work in the field of human potential and
relationship healing – as a core process psychotherapist (UK), a focusing teacher,
a trauma resource facilitator, a non-certified NVC trainer, and as a coach/mentor
for personal and organizational change.
Cost: Sliding scale of $75- $50 is requested contribution. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Venue: The Taoist Center, Marlboro.
Contact Wendy for further details: Phone: 802-257-5833
or email: email@example.com
(Note: ‘BE THE CHANGE’ weekly Practice Groups starting Tues eve Oct 5th in Brattleboro and Thurs am Oct 7th in Marlboro – running till mid December)
It won’t be long, I predict, before we see compassion surpass competition as the earth’s main evolutionary method… Living a compassionate life is necessary for the world to evolve.”